Juan Pablo is a Ph.D. student at the University of Medellin, Colombia. He is an entrepreneur, founding partner and Vice-President of the business development office of Quipux, a Colombian company specializing in the development of PPP-type projects (public-private partnership) and technological solutions applied to land transport systems. He belongs to a team that is working to transform the model of operation, based on physical offices, to online offices through e-Government services implementation.
He has been a co-designer and project manager of numerous software solutions that were developed in different countries around the world (Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Canada, Ivory Coast), some of them as follow:
- Qx-Transit: Solution that operates in the transport agencies in the main cities in Colombia.
- Simit: National system of fines for traffic infractions that operates throughout the Colombian territory and is integrated with the operation of all transport agencies (around 240 entities).
- Sirdec: National system of disappeared and corpses, developed for the institute that supports the scientific investigation of crimes - INMLyCF and operates online throughout the Colombian territory (more than 200 sites in the country).
- RUNT: National system of traffic and transport records of Colombia (vehicles, driver’s license, traffic fines, accidents, vehicle insurance, transportation’s license, among others) and operates online integrating different actors, both private and public entities.
- Qits: Suite of transit and transport solutions designed to operate in different countries, currently operating in the Ivory Coast, Africa (national registries for vehicles, driver’s license, and transportation’s license).
- CODE-V: Solution that supports the government of Sao Paulo to control the trade of used parts of vehicles. Once implemented in 2016, a 34% reduction in vehicle theft was obtained.